[env-trinity] Trinity River 2012 trapping summary update

Steve Cannata SCANNATA at dfg.ca.gov
Tue Aug 14 15:27:09 PDT 2012

Please see attached for the Junction City Weir summary update for the Julian Week 32, Aug. 6 to Aug. 12.

Note:
The Junction City Weir (JCW) was pulled from the river on August 13, 2012 due to the increase in flows released from Trinity Dam which made the weir inoperable and at risk to flood damage.  We expect large runs of salmon this season and the increase in flows are to help maintain suitable water quantity and quality in the lower Klamath River to reduce the potential for a fish kill.  We hope to re-install the JCW when flows return to near summer base levels.
Steve

Steve Cannata
Environmental Scientist
Trinity River Project