[env-trinity] Trinity River Trapping Update

Steve Cannata SCANNATA at dfg.ca.gov
Mon Sep 24 17:03:30 PDT 2012

Chinook numbers from the Willow Creek Weir (WCW) increased slightly last week from previous weeks.  We trapped a 2012 season daily high of 115 fish on 9/18.   We trapped the first coho of the season for a weekly total of 10 fish.
Also, last week the supplementing flow release from the Trinity to cool the lower Klamath was ramped down from  over 1,000 to 450 cfs.
Please see attachment for updates to the WCW and Trinity River Hatchery trapping summaries.

Steve Cannata
Environmental Scientist
Trinity River Project
California Department of Fish and Game