[env-trinity] Trinity River spawning survey update for the week of November 5-9

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Tue Nov 13 09:34:19 PST 2012

Hi all,
Mainstem Chinook salmon spawning in the upper Trinity River reaches
appears to be slowing down a bit.  We could not survey Reach 4
(Steelbridge to Douglas City Campground) this week due to poor survey
conditions.  Our crews mapped the locations of 591 redds and 1,472
carcasses this week.  The latest in-season update for our mainstem Trinity
River spawning survey is available at our website
http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/

The figure below is clipped from this week's report and shows how this
year's running total from Lewiston Dam to Cedar Flat compares to years
previous.

Will update you again next week,
Charlie

Charles Chamberlain
Supervisory Fish Biologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Arcata Fish & Wildlife Office
1655 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Phone: (707) 825-5110    Fax: (707) 822-8411
www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries