[env-trinity] Redding.com: Tribe bashes federal officials; claims they're...

Andrew Orahoske andrew at wildcalifornia.org
Fri Nov 16 08:24:38 PST 2012

Glen, that is the rationale portrayed by the agencies, and that storyline
makes sense.  To state it simply, less water released now means that there
will likely more available later.

Fair enough.  However, what about irrigation deliveries?  That is the one
variable that has been left out.  The real question and concern, is does
less water released now mean more water available for irrigation?  That
answer is most certainly yes, as the irrigation allocation is not determined
right now.

It is great to be budgeting water, but the agency needs to be straight about
all of the reasons why the flows are low right now.  It would make common
sense to say that it is for irrigation deliveries as well as for ESA
compliance.

Andrew

Andrew J. Orahoske

Conservation Director

Environmental Protection Information Center

145 G Street, Suite A

Arcata, CA 95521

Office: (707) 822-7711

Mobile: (707) 407-9020