[env-trinity] fish eggs

Emilia Berol ema.berol at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 10:37:52 PST 2012

Thomas,
Thanks for this informative response.
Makes sense there is much less LWD recruitment from upper reaches of the watershed, and hopefully the fresh eggs from the big run this fall  have survived the wild flows. We were surprised to find numerous redds  along our stretch of river near Willow Creek, and observed a dipper one afternoon before the main storm moved in, munching what we are pretty sure were fish eggs. Turns out that is a favored diet with dippers.

Emelia

Sent from my iPad