[env-trinity] [SPAM?] Re: Sacramento Bee:Dianne Feinstein: California needs mo re water storage to end conflicts, bolster its economy

Tributary Whitewater Tours rafting at whitewatertours.com
Sat Jun 15 18:20:33 PDT 2013

Emilia was not saying stop dairy farming in CA,
just have it in places where grass would be more
abundant and need less irrigation. I may be a
little biased about cattle however as I have been
vegetarian for nearly 50 years. Same goes for
many crops like rice. Should grow things in
suitable places and maybe stop subsidizing
marginal practises. Her comments made nothing but
complete sense to me and hopefully to others.
Regardless of if we catch run-off, we all need to
be aware of the finite resource and start getting
really serious about what water shortage is going
to mean to CA and other western states and plan
accordingly, and that does not mean just finding
more storage, but like she said, using more
wisely. Reservoirs that you spend billions on,
will just end up dry eventuallly and depleting
the underground water supplies is not the answer either!!

Great film at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival
about that - wish I had the time to look up the
name, but too crazy busy right now. You can check
the details out the Water/River Issues section of
the films available by genre
<http://www.wildandscenicfilmfestival.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2003-2013-All-Genres.pdf>www.wildandscenicfilmfestival.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2003-2013-All-Genres.pdf
and if you find it in your area would not miss
it. Otherwise be sure to come to Nevada City next
January. Thanks Emilia for your insight.

Thanks, Lorraine Hall
rafting at whitewatertours.com