[env-trinity] Northcoast Journal: Let the Trinity Flow, Judge Rules

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Thu Aug 22 22:52:09 PDT 2013

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Blogthing/archives/2013/08/22/let-the-trinity-flow-judge-rules

Let the Trinity Flow, Judge Rules
POSTED BY GRANT SCOTT-GOFORTH ON THU, AUG 22, 2013 AT 6:12 PM
click to enlarge
	* COURTESY HOOPA VALLEY TRIBE
	* Hoopa Valley Tribal members protest the hold on a Trinity River release.Trinity River water will flow. The Fresno judge who issued a restraining order on extra releases from the Trinity Reservoir last week ruled this afternoon to lift the restraining order. See the lead up to the decision here.

The Hoopa Valley Tribe offered this statement:

"Judge O'Neill seemed to be pressing Tribal and Federal scientist for answers to what salmon need to survive in the Klamath River this year," said Hoopa Valley Tribal biologist Mike Orcutt. " We did our best and hoped and prayed for this decision. The fate of the fish was in the judged hands and he made the right decision"