[env-trinity] Fwd: please provdie your noxious weed abatement plans

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Mon Dec 30 09:13:26 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Schrock, Robin" <rschrock at usbr.gov>
To: Tom Stokely <tstokely at att.net>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: please provdie your noxious weed abatement plans

Dear Tom and everyone CCed on his email,

I know this email will be distributed further so much of the content is for outreach to the public.

The rumor about use of herbicides in Trinity County is unsubstantiated in relation to TRRP.  No reference is found to herbicides use in the Master EIR/EIS because it describes what mitigation measures will be used.  The rumor originated from Tom's comments at the public meeting where he brought up the issue and implicated a federal agency by name. Tom, please provide your TAMWG and TMC colleagues with your concerns directly so they can be substantiated and accurate information is provided to the public.  I understand you taped the public meeting because I received a complaint about it, so perhaps you can provide the tape to the TAMWG and TMC to share your many issues and challenges to the program in your exact words.

I suggest all individuals CCed on the email do their part to describe the following information to their constituencies.

The public  is encouraged to read TMC and TAMWG minutes on the following links to follow proceedings if they cannot participate themselves.
http://www.trrp.net/calendar/meetings/tmc/

http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/tamwg.html

The 2009 Master EIR/EIS that describes the approaches and mitigation measure that will apply broadly to Phase 2 rehabilitation projects can be read at the following link.  Please note all the entities and individuals who prepared and approved the Master EIR/EIS included Trinity County. At the same link you can find all the appendices and other associated documents.
http://odp.trrp.net/Data/Documents/Details.aspx?document=365

There may still be some members of the public not aware that the Master EIR/EIS is followed by environmental assessments on a site specific basis, on an annual basis when projects are planned. The current documents for proposed projects in 2014 can be found at:
http://www.trrp.net/2013/eais-bucktail-and-lower-junction-city/

Please note that the comment period ends January 13,  2013.

Encourage everyone to participate directly with the TRRP through the many opportunities available to the public so they get information directly and can interpret it themselves.    Go to the website www.trrp.net for the calendar, or participate through formal representation on the TAMWG, by contacting individual agencies and organization who form the partnership, attend TMC meetings, or contact our office.  Office hours in Weaverville are 8 AM - 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.  All the program information is available on the website, as well as the email contact information: info at trrp.net

I encourage you all to encourage your constituencies to get to know, in more depth, the many, many agencies, organizations, public and private entities, and most importantly, people, associated with the TRRP partnership who are working together to restore the fishery resources of the Trinity River.  A reminder that we will still need the information I requested in the original email from December 23 about your individual agency/organization approach to weed management.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

Robin

Robin Schrock
Trinity River Restoration Program