[env-trinity] Proposition 1 Debate on KQED

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Fri Sep 19 16:42:55 PDT 2014

Hear a debate on Proposition 1 at

http://www.kqed.org/a/forum/R201409191000

Craig Miller/KQED
A section of the California Aqueduct.
Water is always a hot political topic in California, and this drought-plagued year is no exception. Proposition 1 on the November ballot would authorize $7.5 billion for what supporters say are critical water quality and infrastructure projects. We'll discuss what's in the bond and hear from opponents who claim that it's too costly and won't solve the state's water needs.
Host: Joshua Johnson
Guests:
	* Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, executive director of Restore the Delta and spokesperson for the No on Prop. 1 Campaign
	* Jay Ziegler, director of external affairs and policy for The Nature Conservancy and a supporter of Prop 1
	* Paul Rogers, managing editor of KQED Science and environmental reporter for the San Jose Mercury News

I am curious what somewhat unbiased people think about the debate.  I am hearing from allies at No On 1 that Barbara Barrigan-Parilla did a much better job than Jay Ziegler.  Please let me know privately what you think.

Thank you!

Tom Stokely
Water Policy Analyst/Media Contact
California Water Impact Network