[env-trinity] Media Release- Salmon Fishermen to Oppose Prop. 1 at event October 3 in SF

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Tue Sep 30 15:15:07 PDT 2014

Media
Advisory for Friday, Oct. 3, 2014
Contact:
Steve Hopcraft 916/457-5546; steve at hopcraft.com; Twitter: @shopcraft;
Sandra Lupien, Food & Water
Watch, slupien at fwwatch.org, 510-681-3171

Salmon
Fishermen to Oppose Prop. 1
Would Destroy Salmon, Crab
& Other Fisheries;
Harm Bay Area Community
& Economy

San Francisco –
Bay Area fishermen announced today they will oppose Proposition 1, the State
Water Bond, at a San Francisco Bay news conference on Friday, Oct. 3. “Prop. 1
is one more shovel of dirt on the grave of our salmon, crab and other Pacific
fisheries,” said Larry Collins, of the San Francisco Crab Boat Association. “Building
more dams to hold water we don’t have is misplaced spending and harms the
businesses, families and communities that depend upon our salmon, crab and
other fisheries.”

WHAT:      Bay Area Fishermen to Oppose Prop. 1 –
Harms Salmon Fisheries

WHEN:       Friday, October 3, 2014 10:30 am

WHO:        Larry Collins, San Francisco Crab Boat
Association; Mike Hudson, Small Boat Commercial Salmon Fishermen’s Association; Zeke Grader, Pacific Coast Federation of
Fishermen’s Associations

WHERE:   Pier 45, Shed D5, San Francisco Bay

Notes:
Visuals will include signs, fishermen and possibly fishing boats (depending on
weather)

For
more information, please visit www.noonprop1.org