[env-trinity] Fw: Fire Ecology Hiking Tour

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Mon Apr 13 09:09:01 PDT 2015

On Monday, April 13, 2015 8:58 AM, Piper McDaniel <piper at thewatershedcenter.com> wrote:

 Hello all,
Come out for an exciting day of hiking and prescribed fire ecology!

Weaverville Fire Science Field Tour April 22, 2015 (Earth Day!)
10 am – 3 pm Are you interested in the role of fire in local forests? Have you ever wondered why Oregon Mountain burns so often? Are you curious about fire ecology, or interested in learning more about prescribed fire and forest health? If so, join us in the field on April 22 to learn more about fire science and management in the Weaverville area.This field tour is free of charge and open to all who are interested. We will start the day with a short hike in the Oregon Mountain area, where we will learn about the 2014 wildfire there and how a previous prescribed burn aided in slowing the fire and protecting the town of Weaverville. We will also learn about the Trinity Strategic Prescribed Fire Plan, including details on local implementation, partnerships, and planning. We will end the day with a visit to some research sites on the west side of Trinity Lake, where researchers are exploring the role of fire in managing forest plantations.To sign up, email Lenya at lquinndavidson at ucanr.edu by April 20, 2015 Feel free to contact Piper at the Watershed Center with questions: 530-628-4206Hope to see you there,Piper