[env-trinity] Dan Beard talk at UCB April 29: "Busting Deadbeat Dams and Other Solutions to the Megadrought"

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Sun Apr 26 14:00:37 PDT 2015

Please share the following talk announcement:

UC Berkeley campus, Wurster Hall, Room 315-A
Wednesday 29 April, 1-2pm

Speaker: Dan BeardTitle:  "Busting Deadbeat Dams and Other Solutions to the Megadrought""Deadbeat Dams" is an insider’s story of western water. America is facing a water crisis, and nowhere is this more evident than in the West where significant problems abound. How are we responding to this rapidly growing crisis? We’re not. "Deadbeat Dams" reveals the need to change western water policies and exposes the public to the lack of common sense, corruption, and utter waste of taxpayers’ money that the author witnessed over a long government career spanning three decades. The faults of the present system of federally assisted water management efforts are amply detailed, and an agenda for reform is provided that can be used as ammunition by a new generation of water reformersBio: Dan Beard has been an advocate for water policy reform for nearly four decades, and is former Commissioner of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

Thanks,

Zan Rubin
zanrubin at berkeley.edu