[env-trinity] Disease killing young Klamath River salmon

Guy Phillips phillipsguy1 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:57:57 PDT 2015

Bill,

I would only add three things: (1) that it is 9% (more or less) for each
and every year that the $400 million is still on the books, not just one
time.

(2) all of the "greens" and tribes knew of the fact that the expenditure
would be rate-based, including any expenditure that would have simply
removed the dams--i.e., that spending money on Klamath is a profit center
for the utility, not a financial loss, whatever the outcome.

(3) if FERC (or the regulators in general) had ordered removal of the dams
(or fish ladders), the state PUC's would have just rate-based the cost and
(1) and (2) would have applied.  Cost-effectiveness matters far less than
what the regulators require.

gp