[env-trinity] Change.org petition regarding Crystal Geyser Mt. Shasta

Vicki Gold victoria7 at snowcrest.net
Mon Jun 15 23:21:17 PDT 2015

https://www.change.org/p/save-our-water-crystal-geyser-must-do-an-environmental-impact-report

Hello All,
Most of you have seen the recent coverage in the LA Times, Maven's Notebook, the Desert Sun and the editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle last month regarding Otsuka Pharmaceutical Crystal Geyser Water Company's plans to extract unlimited water from the foothills of Mount Shasta just 2000 feet from the Headwaters of the Sacramento River. I will link the articles below. The above link is to a Change.org petition to support our demand of proper hydrogeology studies as part of a comprehensive Environmental Impact Report before the plant is allowed to begin operations. In emergency drought when California residents are being asked to conserve and cut back, the concept of unlimited water bottling is a concept whose time has passed.
If you would like to be on our email list for future notifications and events, please let me know.
In gratitude for your support and good work,
Vicki Gold
Water Runs Free
530.926.4206

http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Parched-state-rethinks-water-rights-6282227.php