[env-trinity] Jason Peltier to succeed Dan Nelson as Authority Executive Director of San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Fri Jul 10 17:50:34 PDT 2015

Congratulations Jason!

|  |   |

|  |

| San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water AuthorityPO Box 2157 - Los Banos, CA 93635 - 209.826.9696
The San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority serves 29 member agencies reliant upon waterconveyed through the California Bay-Delta by the United States Bureau of Reclamation'sCentral Valley Project. These agencies deliver water to approximately1.2 million acres of farmland, 2 million California residents, and millions ofwaterfowl dependent upon the nearly 200,000 acres of managed wetlandswithin the Pacific Flyway. |

| Contact:   Dan Nelson, Executive Director San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority Office:  209.826.9696        |  |
Release ImmediateJuly 9, 2015 |

|  Peltier to succeed Nelson as Authority Executive Director  Mike Stearns, Chairman of the San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority, announced that Jason Peltier will take over as Executive Director of the organization, replacing Dan Nelson who will retire at the end of 2015. Stearns indicated that Peltier was named the successor to Nelson as part of a Succession Plan that was developed after Nelson announced his intention to retire earlier this year. The Plan calls for Peltier to begin his employment with the Authority in mid-August as a Deputy to Nelson, then taking over the reins on Jan. 1, 2016. Nelson will leave after 24 years as the Executive Director of the Authority and has been the only Executive Director for the Authority since its formation in 1992. "Dan was a major part of the formation and development of an agency that we are all proud of. He has led us through some pretty tough times, has held us together and has positioned us well for the challenges ahead. We are very grateful for his leadership and wish him the very best," noted Stearns. Nelson added, "It has been an absolute honor working for the Authority, its member agencies and the water users in the region. The Authority is blessed with a great Board of Directors and an incredibly talented staff. Given the diversity of interests represented by the Authority, I've been amazed by their professionalism and ability to focus and to work together on common interests. Jason is a great fit for the organization and is the right person at the right time; the organization is in great hands." "We have some major challenges in front of us and Jason brings a tremendous amount of experience in western water issues and more specifically all facets of the Central Valley Project. We expect that he will hit the ground running. Jason is well known and well regarded within California and Western water circles. He will be a great leader for the future of the organization," said Stearns. Peltier's experience includes a diversity of positions focusing on water issues. He served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Water and Science at the United States Department of the Interior. Prior to that he was the manager of the Central Valley Project Water Association and is currently the Chief Deputy General Manager of the Westlands Water District.   Peltier commented, "The confidence of the Board of Directors in my ability to lead this tremendously accomplished organization means everything to me. I salute Dan's 24 years of leadership in building a first rate outfit and creating a true family among its member agencies. I also must salute every one of the Authority employees as they have repeatedly demonstrated their resourcefulness and commitment to the mission of this organization." ### Banta-Carbona ID, Broadview WD, Byron Bethany ID, Central Calif. ID, City of Tracy, Columbia Canal Co.,  Del Puerto WD, Eagle Field WD, Firebaugh Canal WD, Fresno Slough WD, Grassland WD, Henry Miller RD #2131, James ID, Laguna WD, Mercy Springs WD, Oro Loma WD, Pacheco WD, Panoche WD, Patterson ID,  Pleasant Valley WD, Reclamation District 1606, San Benito County WD, San Luis WD, Santa Clara Valley WD, Tranquillity ID, Turner Island WD, West Side ID, West Stanislaus ID, Westlands WD      |

|  |

|   |  |