[env-trinity] Parks Creek Road Closure

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Mon May 16 10:39:38 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Smith, Stacy L -FS <slsmith01 at fs.fed.us>
Date: Fri, May 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Subject: FW: Parks Creek Road Closure

Note the closure dates for Parks Creek Road.  Stacy SmithLands and Special Uses Officer204 W. Alma Street, Mt. Shasta CA 96067Shasta-Trinity National Forest(530) 926-9643 phone(530) 926-9675 faxSlsmith01 at fs.fed.us In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In practice, there is.
Subject: Parks Creek Road Closure

|  |
|  |

| U.S. Forest Service,Shasta-Trinity National Forest 3644 Avtech Parkway, Redding, CA 96002Voice (530) 226-2500Web:www.fs.usda.gov/stnf

News Release
For Immediate Release
Contact Phyllis Swanson
(530) 226-2500
pdswanson at fs.fed.us
Twitter: @ShastaTrinityNF
facebook.com/USFSShastaTrinityNF |

| Parks Creek Road ClosureREDDING, Calif., May 12th, 2016 - The Shasta-Trinity National Forest will be temporarily closing Parks Creek Road, 42N17,  beginning May 23rd and it will remain closed through June 24th.  The closure order will be in effect from Monday mornings at 6:00 AM and lasting through Fridays at 5:00 PM.  The road will be open on the weekends.  The exact location of the closure begins at the 42N17 and the intersection of Stewart Springs Road, County Road 4L051. This will not impact access to Stewart Mineral Springs.

This closure is part of an ongoing maintenance repair project to continue to stabilize Parks Creek Road.  Last fall, Forest Service maintenance crews installed pin piles alongside of the road in order to help to stabilize the road shoulder in several areas.  This latest closure will allow crews to remove the old road surface and reinforce the previously installed pins.  The next phase of the project will take place later this summer when contractors will come back and repave the repaired areas.

Motorist are advised that a significant amount of snow remains in place over the higher portions of 42N17 and southbound travel to the Trinity Lake area is not possible at this time.  For current forest service road conditions and recreational opportunities in the Mt Shasta area, please call the Mt Shasta Ranger Station at (530) 964-5227.  For more information about the Parks Creek Road Project, please call the Forest Supervisor Office at (530) 226-2500.
 The mission of the Forest Service is to sustain the health, diversity and productivity of the nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations. The agency manages 193 million acres of public land, provides assistance to state and private landowners, and maintains the largest forestry research organization in the world. Public lands the Forest Service manages contribute more than $13 billion to the economy each year through visitor spending alone. Those same lands provide 20 percent of the nation's clean water supply, a value estimated at $7.2 billion per year. The agency has either a direct or indirect role in stewardship of about 80 percent of the 850 million forested acres within the U.S., of which 100 million acres are urban forests where most Americans live.#
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

| This email was sent tojaorosz at fs.fed.us
Shasta-Trinity National Forest Public Affairs · 3644 Avtech Parkway · Redding, Ca 96002 · USA |