[env-trinity] Mainstem Trinity River spawn survey update for September 9, 2016

Rupert, Derek derek_rupert at fws.gov
Wed Sep 14 16:13:47 PDT 2016

Hello All,

We are back!  The US Fish and Wildlife Service along with the Yurok Tribe,
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, US Forest Service, and Hoopa
Valley Tribe have the first 2016 weekly update for our Trinity River
mainstem spawn survey.  The full updated is posted on the Arcata Fish and
Wildlife Fisheries webpage.

Trinity River spawn Survey update September 9, 2016.
<https://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/projectUpdates/TRSpawningSurvey/2016/TrinityReddUpdate_2016_9_9.pdf>

This week our crews mapped 1 redd (1 total for the year) in the Reaches
from Lewiston Dam  to Pigeon Point. The graph below is clipped from our
weekly report (limited to the river upstream of Cedar Flat).

​Myself and the survey crews are excited to be back on the Trinity River.
It won't be long until the spawning action really starts to pick up.  If
you have any questions about our survey please feel free to give me a
call.  Thank you for your interest and I hope to see you out there!

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Rupert