[env-trinity] CDFW - TRP trapping summary through Julian week 40

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Tue Oct 11 14:22:51 PDT 2016

Attached please find CDFW's Trinity River Project 2016 trapping summary through Julian week 40 (October 07).

Julian week 40 was likely the final week of spring Chinook at TRH, and while not a lot of fish seem to have come in to TRH, we have gotten a few more fish than for the same time last year. The same can be said of our season-to-date totals at WCW, for both Chinook totals and steelhead totals (season-to-date, mind you), although we seem to be fairly low on ad-clipped fish for both species. We have seen 2 total coho at WCW so far this year (one's not yet showing as we got it Monday), but word is there are still fish coming in the mouth of the Klamath so I'm not giving up hope yet (which is maybe why I've been teased about being "Miss Mary Sunshine" lately, but it could happen).

We supposedly have a gully washer on tap for Thursday - Sunday of this week; we'll decide how much conduit to pull at WCW tomorrow, and will likely lose a couple days of trapping. Maybe that's when the fish will decide to run by?!

Have a good rest of your week, and let's hope for rain!
Mary Claire

PS. TomN, and others, this hopefully is the last reformat on the summary for a while. I think I've got the bugs out. I'm sure you'll let me know if not. J

*************************************
Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876   I   maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov<mailto:maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov>
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/documents/ContextDocs.aspx?cat=KlamathTrinity

[SaveOurWater_Logo]<http://saveourwater.com/>
Every Californian should conserve water.  Find out how at:
SaveOurWater.com<http://saveourwater.com/> * Drought.CA.gov<http://drought.ca.gov/>