[env-trinity] CDFW - TRP trapping summary through Julian week 41

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Thu Oct 13 11:16:48 PDT 2016

Attached please find CDFW's Trinity River Project 2016 trapping summary through Julian week 41 (October 14).

Julian week 41, what can I say? The hatchery is in a spawning break so there was no trapping this week, nor will there be any next week as well (next spawn day is 24 October).

At WCW we trapped three nights this week before starting to prep the weir for high flows. Maybe the flows will go to what NOAA is currently forecasting (~7,600 cfs), maybe not. We've pulled the conduit and should be able to ride out the flows IF they don't go much higher. Either way the descending limb of flows is almost always considerably slower than the ascending, so I've no idea if we'll be fishing at all next week.
MC

*************************************
Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876   I   maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov<mailto:maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov>
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/documents/ContextDocs.aspx?cat=KlamathTrinity

[SaveOurWater_Logo]<http://saveourwater.com/>
Every Californian should conserve water.  Find out how at:
SaveOurWater.com<http://saveourwater.com/> * Drought.CA.gov<http://drought.ca.gov/>