[env-trinity] Conference: AquAlliance Water for Seven Generations Will California Squander or Protect It?

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Fri Oct 21 13:17:14 PDT 2016

This is a great conference.  It's not your typical water conference.  I recommend that you attend.  You can also drink beer because it's at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico!
Tom Stokely
AquAlliance

Water for Seven Generations

Will California Squander or Protect It?

I hope you will attend AquAlliance's prestigious conference that will be held on Thursday, November 17th and Friday, November 18th, 2016 at Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico.  The conference is tailored to reach policy makers, activists, academics, and agencies by providing valuable historical, scientific, legal, political, and visionary information regarding current and planned threats to the Sacramento River’s watershed and the Delta's ecosystems, aquatic and terrestrial species, economies, and communities. It will also provide specific scenarios in which these vital waters can be sustained into the future.
In California’s short, 160-year history, it developed massive water supplies that propelled its economy into the global top ten, but with devastating environmental consequences. Water for Seven Generations will provide professionals and novices with a valuable opportunity to consider what brought the state to such a precarious and unsustainable position and what credible and economically viable possibilities exist that could move our collective thinking and behavior toward a Seven Generations reality. November 17th will cover surface water and includes panels or sections that will cover Science, Flow & Fish, Climate, Drought, and Storage, Exports & Tunnels. A no host bar/reception and poster session will take place after the speakers conclude.
November 18th will cover groundwater and includes panels or sections that will cover Science, Owens Valley, Water Transfers, Law, and the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.

The almost complete program is found at: http://www.aqualliance.net/water-conference-2016/program-2016/

Registration/check-in starts at 8 a.m. each day with the conference beginning at 9 a.m. More information is found in the attached flier and at: http://www.aqualliance.net/water-conference-2016/.

--
Barbara Vlamis