[env-trinity] CDFW - TRP trapping summary through Julian week 43

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Thu Nov 3 10:49:31 PDT 2016

Attached please find CDFW's Trinity River Project 2016 trapping summary through Julian week 43 (October 28).

You would think that with Willow Creek weir not fishing I would have gotten this out to you much sooner, but I've been otherwise occupied. When we pulled conduit for that first big storm on the 12th the forecast was for about 7,600 cfs ('only got to ~4,500 which we rode out quite well)...what we were unaware of, and unprepared for, was the series of storms over the last two weeks.
The spine of the WCW rolled to the river right bank at about 8:00pm on October 30th. Flows reached 12,900cfs (as measured on the Hoopa USGS gage) shortly thereafter.

We are very likely done fishing at WC for the season, although if it would just stop raining for a little while it'd be great to get back in and get a few more tags out. Trinity River Hatchery is out of their spawning break.
MC

*************************************
Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876   I   maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov<mailto:maryclaire.kier at wildlife.ca.gov>
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/documents/ContextDocs.aspx?cat=KlamathTrinity

[SaveOurWater_Logo]<http://saveourwater.com/>
Every Californian should conserve water.  Find out how at:
SaveOurWater.com<http://saveourwater.com/> * Drought.CA.gov<http://drought.ca.gov/>