[env-trinity] CDFW - TRP trapping summary through Julian week 46

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Tue Nov 22 15:31:07 PST 2016

Attached please find CDFW's Trinity River Project 2016 trapping summary through Julian week 46 (November 18). Sorry for the tardiness of this on; lotsa' stuff up in the air (including storm after storm and crew off for family) making this a little more difficult to get this out.

The WCW is done for the season. Yeah, yeah, most of you had figured that out a long time ago, but my ever-optimistic self is finally willing to admit it. Stick a fork in it, we are not getting back in this season, we are D-U-N, done.  We do still have a little hardware in the river, so those of you who might be floating/jetting by the WC weir site please be cautious, especially in flows less than 3,000 cfs (and especially on the river left side of the river). We will get out there just as soon as we can to get the rest of the T-posts (fence posts) and that one last solidly-installed trap out of there. I apologize for any inconvenience (I am hoping for none, considering the time of season) that anything my "bad"call on the 12th of October might have made to any of you. If NOAA-weather can't know what the future holds I certainly can't either. I try, but ah, well, flows happen.

Fish continue to enter Trinity River Hatchery at the slowish pace we were anticipating for this season. Let's hope they just keep coming for awhile...apparently these storms are going to!

I wish you all a happy and safe long Thanksgiving weekend.  Drive safely if you're travelling, stay warm and dry if not.
MC