[env-trinity] Trinity River trapping summary through Julian Week 40 (October 7th)

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Tue Oct 10 17:31:28 PDT 2017

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW40.
Junction City weir was removed for the end of the season at the end of the week and Trinity River Hatchery finished up their spawning of spring Chinook.
We trapped more Chinook than steelhead at Willow Creek weir this past week but the steelhead are real beauts! We also picked up another pink (humpy) salmon at WCW. The Coho we are seeing are still both small and number and size.

Get out there and enjoy this weather, folks, because there is no way it can last...
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Enviornmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @