[env-trinity] The Mercury News: The reason that California wildfires are worse than ever

lrlake at aol.com lrlake at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 11:46:10 PDT 2018

Nadine is correct.

Has anyone thought about what seems to be a piss-poor initial attack by the NPS?  I can't see any reason a trailer-spark fire couldn't be caught in 5-10 acres.  The fire behavior the first day or two was typical for late July.  Predictable, if you will.  WTF   The NPS has certainly killed many people and torched thousands of acres of our Shasta County, over the last few years between the two parks.  I am stunned by their incompetence.  The irony is that they burned up their own park...
The NPS Whiskeytown web site says nothing other than a link to State info.  and that they are closed.  <G>

Lawrence Lake, RPF
Redding, CA