[env-trinity] Please stop the discussion about fires

Bruce Taylor htducks13 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:52:27 PDT 2018

Thank you Tom!  Your good judgement here is a credit.  As  a former timber industry advocate in the late 80’s n board member of the defunct educational industry unit:  CA Forest Products Commission, I decry the Boggs’ Industry Bashing .....but realize this is how she is employed.  With a great RPF son , ... n husband sawmill owner killed by Eco Foment, we realize that there will never be a “good solution “ for all to this Wild Lands/forest fire debate.  We pay our  very high fire insurance and our annual tax to live on the beautiful Trinity River; but we also decry the Twin Tunnels project and Huffman’s “Monument” project for lands east of us.  We’ve driven Indian Creek USFS roads for years, from Happy Camp, CA to Hwy 199/OR for years and have read their signs enroute protesting this land grab .  They have nothing left there but rusting heavy equipment.  In western Trinity County  lack of employment has turned sawmill workers and loggers into pot growers and worse.  Spouse , drug and child abuse has been rampant since the early 2000’s.  From the Concrete City of San Jose or close, Ms Boggs protests, from her perch next to a Spotted Owl and  likely has , as Judi Bari, said:  lived near an Old Growth Forest( with old growth redwood home and decks built by her former husband):  therefore, she assumed she had a right to speak!  We all have that right, so please:  take a number n wait one’s turn to be Proactive in finding a “ better way” .

Sent from my iPhone