[env-trinity] Fw: Please help SAFE protect Chinquapin, Pattison and South Fork roadless areas
tstokely at att.net
Sat Jun 29 10:37:30 PDT 2019
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Larry Glass <larryglass71 at gmail.com>To: "SAFEinTrinityCounty at gmail.com" <SAFEinTrinityCounty at gmail.com>Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 11:54:05 AM PDTSubject: Please help SAFE protect Chinquapin, Pattison and South Fork roadless areas
Please support Congressman Jared Huffman’s and Senator Kamala Harris’s Northwest California Wilderness, Recreation, and Working Forests Act!
PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITION!
Please support Congressman Jared Huffman’s and Senator Kamala Harris’s Northwest California Wilderness, Recreation, and Working Forests Act by signing this petition: https://forms.gle/Nf1GEWkgtK7vnNUWA
Congressman Huffman’s and Senator Harris’s Northwest California Wilderness, Recreation, and Working Forests Act will:
- Promote forest restoration and fuel-reduction work across over 700,000 acres of public land. This will help to improve the ecological health of forests while reducing fire-danger along roads (where most fires start) and near communities.
- Protect over 313,000 acres of federal public lands in perpetuity from road-building and other development as “wilderness”
- Protect over 379 miles of some of our wildest remaining streams from new dams and water diversions as “wild and scenic rivers”
- Authorize the construction of over 295 miles of new trails open to horses, hikers and mountain bikes
- Help restore the hundreds of sites on public lands affected by illegal marijuana cultivation
Maps, summaries and copies of the bill and other information can be viewed at https://huffman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/huffman-introduces-northwest-california-wilderness-recreation-and
Please share this alert with others who might be supportive, especially if they live in Trinity County or recreate here
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the env-trinity