[env-trinity] CDFW Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 33

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Tue Aug 20 15:43:15 PDT 2019

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 33 (August 19).

I've had a few questions about the fish numbers this year in comparison to previous years. Those "total for the season" lines with previous years are only part of the story. Keep in mind Junction City weir is put into the water when the flow reaches @1000 cfs. Sometimes that means first week of June, or sometimes as late as the third week of July. Considering the timing of the trapping (beginning in mid-July this year) the numbers aren't looking too bad. Check the "Historical JCW" tab for more information.

I hope you are able to enjoy some of these last few weeks of summer.
Willow Creek weir will be putting in later than normal this year due to Boat Dance flow releases over Labor Day weekend.
If you're planning on being on the Trinity over Labor Day weekend, be safe!

Cheers!
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @