[env-trinity] California Salmon News: Patagonia Match to End Soon, WE WON: Humboldt Asks for for New Sites Reservoir EIR, Smith River Lily Bulb Pesticide Permit Meeting: Dec. 19th

Regina Chichizola klamathtrinityriver at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 16:50:41 PST 2019

*California Salmon News: *
SCS MATCH ENDING: Patagonia  Announces Matching Donations Will End Soon
WE WON: Humboldt Asks for new Sites Reservoir EIS,
Smith River Lily Bulb Permit Meeting in Santa Rosa: Dec 19th

*Humboldt County Asks For New Environmental Review for Sites Reservoir
Project
<https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/12/11/1905049/-Humboldt-County-Asks-For-New-Environmental-Review-for-Sites-Reservoir-Project>
*
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/12/11/1905049/-Humboldt-County-Asks-For-New-Environmental-Review-for-Sites-Reservoir-Project

Over a dozen people from the Klamath and Trinity RIver commented in support
of the resolutions, and expressed concern that other proposals such as the
controversial permanent  water contract for Westlands Water District and
the new federal water project operations proposed by the Trump
administration would also negatively impact the Klamath and Trinity River
salmon. Those testifying included Hoopa High School and Trinidad elementary
students.

“I should be in school learning geometry, figuring out what I want to do
with my life, said Kylee Sorrell, a sophomore at Hoopa High School, “but I
am here fighting for my culture, for the water and most importantly for the
salmon.”

*Smith River Lily Bulb Pesticide Permit Update At Water Board Meeting in
Santa Rosa on Dec. 19th. *

The North Coast Water Board will give an update on, and take public comment
regarding, the Smith River Lily Bulb Pollution Water Quality Control Plan
on Dec. 19th at their meeting in Santa Rosa. The use of copper based
pesticides and other toxins in the Smith River estuary has been found to
have health impacts on salmon and people.

More information and a petition on the issue is at:
https://www.change.org/p/easter-lilies-are-poisoning-salmon-people-on-smith-river-boycott-and-ask-for-regulation

More information on the meeting is at:
https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/northcoast/board_info/board_meetings/12_2019

or at https://www.facebook.com/SaveCaliforniaSalmon/?ref=bookmarks

*Last Chance to Donate to Save California Salmon's Water Protector Travel
Fund Through Patagonia's Matching Donation #GivingDecember Challenge:* Our
link is at
https://www.patagonia.com/actionworks/grantees/save-california-salmon/.

Get a free T-shirt with donations of $60 or more and a free hoodie at
donations of $100 or more. Email regina at californiasalmon.org for a free
shirt with donation.

[image: Patagonia Action Works]
<http://click.email-actionworks.patagonia.com/?qs=efc41896eab980f7d095fe57164fa1ba52d5f1fc1d9440afdae8fc172dd58832b373763397b575ebe99489e16d8f5cdf8ae0ad55e730bcad>
[image: Patagonia Action Works]

Nearly *$9 million has been donated* through Patagonia Action Works during
our Gift of Giving campaign. Below are a few answers to questions we’ve
received.
*How will I know when the matching campaign ends?*

Once we’re no longer matching donations, we’ll send an email, as soon as
we're able, letting you know that the campaign has ended.
*How can I track donations?*

If you want to see how much your organization has raised and who is
donating, set up access to Network for Good’s donor management tool
<http://click.email-actionworks.patagonia.com/?qs=efc41896eab980f70880eece42859a997e1cbc79e5ee257ae39229bbb4183231bd12e68b78f937ca7249aa8f557df44c176a2fa5439c99cb>.
They have a free online version that provides information about who is
donating and in what denominations (unless donations are given
anonymously). If you haven’t already, you’ll need to register through their
site.
*When are donations disbursed?*

Donations that were made to your organization in November will be disbursed
in mid-December. Donations made in December will be disbursed in
mid-January. Patagonia will fund matching donations to Network for Good in
February of 2020—meaning that you will likely receive the matching portion
of the funds around March 15, 2020.
*How can donors contribute?*

Donations must be made by credit card or debit card through your profile
<http://click.email-actionworks.patagonia.com/?qs=a1ad62b46b8eb630efaff5f0eb83c39589a2391e26dc50301c818285766ae7186781dcb656aaf9a2a61d156c1583e8cba545d78274ce5d2e>
on
Patagonia Action Works. Important: We cannot match donations made by check,
stock transfer, cash, electronic transfer, etc.
*More Questions?*

You can refer to our donation
<http://click.email-actionworks.patagonia.com/?qs=e293d091ca1d286d0a6d3753090d67bd0725765a40aa2c1452f006a3f9aa4c7d282a2cc435f3027f934c52039ee515ae11ab8062ae5e78a8>
 and donation match
<http://click.email-actionworks.patagonia.com/?qs=e293d091ca1d286df69b8e15ab9be72011abc705bc8f73f2243dd124e76114778d83f1837caba7164d176868df107e62daab309507a26c96>
information
to learn more or feel free to reach out to ActionWorks at patagonia.com
<actionworks at patagonia.com>.

For more information on any of these alerts go to californiasalmon.org or
contact Regina Chichizola at regina at californiasalmon.org or Isaac Kinney at
Isaac at californiasalmon.org

Follow SCS on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SaveCaliforniaSalmon/

On Twitter at https://twitter.com/CaliSalmon