[Yolobus Public Announcement] International Agricultural Science & Technology Expo Event and Contingency Plans for YOLOBUS

Kathy Souza ksouza at yctd.org
Fri Jun 20 15:36:34 PDT 2003

June 20, 2003

YOLOBUS RIDERS:

We are working on several routing contingencies in the event protest
events in downtown Sacramento and Davis affect our routes
Sunday-Wednesday (June 22-25).  While we will try to minimize them, some
service delays may occur.  If you see no cars  on the street segment you
normally board at, due to the protest, then chances are our buses won't
be able to stop there either.

While there are many variations of what could happen next week, I'd like
to suggest that afternoon express bus  (39, 43, 44, 45, 230, 231, 232)
riders who board near the Cal/EPA building AND along 10th Street walk to
RT bus stops along 9th Street between K and P Streets in the afternoons,
particularly on Monday, June 23rd.  This is because portions of 10th
Street between L and N Streets may be blocked off, preventing us from
being able to do our normal afternoon route.  We hope all other YOLOBUS
routes wont' be affected.

We may need to make other emergency routing changes, depending on what
the police do in response to different scenarios.  We will try to have
extra buses and supervisors in downtown Sacramento during the afternoon
commute period to assist you and to put up information signs if the
routes do need to change.

Also, please look at our web page (yolobus.com) from time to time and
check your email for updates.  If you have not given us an email
address, you can send one to custserv at yctd.org.  Also, you can call
YOLOBUS at (916) 371-2877 or  (800) 371-2877 to get updates.

Kathy Souza
Administrative Assistant
Yolo County Transportation District
530-661-0816