[Yolobus Public Announcement] Route modifications November 14 through 17 due to Inauguration activities

Kathy Souza ksouza at yctd.org
Thu Nov 13 12:10:06 PST 2003

YOLOBUS RIDERS:

We are working on several routing contingencies because of the
Gubernatorial Inauguration activities scheduled beginning tomorrow,
Friday November 14 through Monday November 17.

These activities will affect our routes Friday through Monday.  While we
will try to minimize them, some service delays may occur.  If you see no
cars on the street segment at which you normally board then probably our
buses will not be able to stop there.

We suggest that express bus (39, 43, 44, 45, 230, 231, 232) riders who
board along 10th Street walk to RT bus stops along 9th Street between K
and P Streets Friday November 14 through Monday November 17.  This is
because portions of 10th Street between L and N streets will probably be
blocked off, preventing us from driving the usual route.  Signs will be
posted at closed stops directing passengers to the nearest open stop and
Road Supervisors will be in the downtown area to assist riders.

We may need to make other routing changes, depending on what activities
take place in downtown Sacramento.  We will try to have ample buses and
Road Supervisors in the downtown area to assist you and to put up
information signs if the routes need to change.

Also, please refer to our webpage (www.yolobus.com) from time to time
and check your email for updates.  If you have not given us an email
address, please go to http://www2.dcn.org/mailman/listinfo/yolobus to
subscribe to the notification list.  You can also call YOLOBUS at (916)
371-2877 or (800) 371-2877 for updates.

We do apologize for the late notice regarding these changes.  Because of
heightened security measures surrounding the activities, it has been
difficult obtaining information about road closures.  Thank you for your
patience and continued patronage.

Staff at Yolo County Transportation District
530-661-0816