[Yolobus Public Announcement] Potential delays 2/19/08 due to Amgen Tour Bike Race

Kathy Souza ksouza at yctd.org
Tue Feb 5 13:59:26 PST 2008

Yolobus Public Service Announcement

Please mark your calendars if this may affect your travel.

Expected Yolobus Service Delays

2008 Amgen Tour of California

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Winters, CA

Bikers are expected in Winters sometime between 12:15pm to 1:00pm.  Going
east on Grant Ave, bikers will turn right on Main St, and then right onto
Railroad Ave. Expect 5-15 minute delays.

*         Route 220

Route 220 scheduled to arrive in Winters at 12:05pm may be delayed.

*         Route 221

Dial-A-Ride service between 12:07pm and 1:10pm may not be able to serve
areas on Main St and Railroad Ave.

Davis, CA

Bikers are expected in Davis sometime between 12:45pm to 1:45pm.  Going east
on Russell Blvd, bikers will make a right on B St, left on 2nd St, left on F
St, right on Covell Blvd, and left onto Poleline Rd.  Expect 5-15 minute
delays.

*         Route 42A

Route 42A scheduled to arrive at the Memorial Union at 12:27pm and 1:27pm
may experience delays.

*         Route 42B

Route 42B scheduled to arrive at the Memorial Union at 1:12pm and 2:12pm may
experience delays.

*         Route 220

Route 220 scheduled to arrive at the Memorial Union at 12:29pm may
experience delays.

West Sacramento, CA

Bikers are expected to be in West Sacramento sometime between 1:45pm to
2:45pm.  Going east on Sacramento Ave, bikers will make a right on Jefferson
Blvd, left on West Capitol Ave, left on Tower Bridge Gateway, and over the
Tower Bridge into Downtown Sacramento.  Expect 5-15 minute delays.

*         Route 35

Expect delays on Route 35 scheduled to depart Merkley & West Capitol at both
1:40pm and 2:40pm.

*         Route 40, 41, 42A, 42B, & 240

Expect delays in West Sacramento between 1:45pm to 2:45pm.

Sacramento, CA (Downtown)

Starting at 9pm on Monday, February 18th, 10th Street will be closed between
K Street and N Street; L Street will be closed between 9th Street and 11th
Street.

Between 10am-4pm on Tuesday, February 19th, L Street will be closed between
9th Street and 18th Street; 9th Street will be closed between L Street and N
Street; N Street will be closed between 9th Street and 15th Street; and
portions of P Street and 18th Street will be closed.  Expect 5-15 minute
delays.

*         Route 42A, 42B, & 240 (Monday, Feb 18th at 9pm until Tuesday, Feb
19th at 4pm)

Will be rerouted to travel east on J Street, left on 16th Street, left on I
Street, left on 9th Street, and right on L Street to continue its normal
route.  Temporary bus stops will be at: I Street at 15th Street; I Street at
12th Street; 9th at I Street; and 9th at K Street (all current RT bus
stops).

*         Route 241AM (Tuesday, Feb 19th)

Will begin at 16th at Capitol, and be rerouted: North on 16th Street, left
on I Street, left on 9th Street, and right on L Street to continue its
normal route.

*         Route 39AM

After leaving 16th at Capitol, Route 39AM will use the I Street route as
stated above.

*         Route 39PM

Route 39 departing H at 11th Street at 3:35pm may need to be rerouted if
road closures are still in effect: reroute will head east on H Street, right
on 15th Street, right on P Street, right on 8th Street, and left on L Street
to continue its normal route.  Temporary bus stops will be at: P at 9th
Street; 8th at P Street; 8th at O Street; 8th at N Street; and 8th at
Capitol Mall (all current RT bus stops).

*         AM & PM Express Routes

No road closures or reroutes are expected for any Express Routes in Downtown
Sacramento.  If road closures continue after 4pm, the 8th Street reroute
will be in effect (see route 39PM).

*         Route 40 & 41

Route 40 & 41 in Downtown Sacramento may experience 5-15 minute delays
sometime between 1:55pm to 2:35pm.

If you have any questions about the delays or reroutes, please contact Yolo
County Transportation District at 530-661-0816, or www.yolobus.com
<http://www.yolobus.com/> .

Yolobus Staff

For Yolobus Information call (530) 666-2877

Visit the Yolobus website at www.yolobus.com <http://www.yolobus.com/>

Reminder:  You have subscribed to the Yolo Public Service Announcement List.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please visit:
toward the bottom of the page.