[Yolobus Public Announcement] State Employees & Yolobus

Terry Bassett Tbassett at yctd.org
Fri May 18 12:26:31 PDT 2012

Yolobus commuters who are State employees:

We want to let you know we are aware of negotiations going on between the State and various unions that could result in 38 hour/four day work weeks in several departments.  Such a change may significantly impact many of you who rely on the current Yolobus bus schedule to meet your needs.  While we have heard nothing directly from the State, I want to assure you that we are assessing our routes and schedules to determine if and how they could be altered to serve employees who could see their 8-hour day extended by another 1 ½ hours.  One rumor we heard is that the work weeks could change as early as July, 2012.    If this is true, we won't have much time to react.

One of our dilemmas is that not all Yolobus riders are state employees and won't be experiencing the same change in work shifts.  Also, as of this moment, we are uncertain if the State intends to shut everything down two specific days each payroll (we assume every Friday) or if the selected shut down days will alter by department.

If any of you hear anything more specific and definitive from your state department, please share it with us.  We will likely survey our commute hour riders once we feel enough information exists where our riders know how their shifts will be affected.

If you find yourself working four-day work weeks, you may wish to consider buying a declining value ticket, rather than a monthly pass, for July on.

We will keep you apprised as we learn more.

TERRY BASSETT, Executive Director

Yolo County Transportation District

350 Industrial Way

Woodland, CA  95776