[Yolobus Public Announcement] Rider Alert: Weekly Update on Reroutes & Detours (April 8 2016)

Kathy Souza ksouza at yctd.org
Fri Apr 8 16:37:53 PDT 2016

YOLOBUS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Reroutes & Detours | Weekly Update

Friday, April 8th 2016

Expected Delays | Sacramento International Airport

On Monday, April 18th till Wednesday, April 20th 2016, from 7:00 pm to 4 am, traffic traveling on Interstate 5 northbound will be affected by 10-15 minute delays resulting from construction on the exit ramp to the Sacramento International Airport. Route 42B will be primarily affected, however Route 42A may also be delayed going southbound. Riders trying to make their flights are urged to add 30-35 minutes additional travel time.

El lunes 18 de abril a miércoles, 20 de abril de 2016, de 7:00 pm a 4:00am, tráfico viajando por la Interestatal 5 hacia el norte se verán afectado por retraso de 10-15 minutos debido a la construcción de la rampa de salida al aeropuerto internacional de Sacramento. Ruta 42B se verá sobre todo afectado, sin embargo Ruta 42A también puede ser retrasada hacia el sur. Pasajeros tratando de alcanzar sus vuelos se les urge agregar tiempo adicionales de 30-35 minutos.

[CT_logo.gif]

Roadwork with Detour Set for NB I-5 at Sacramento International
Crews to Increase Length of Auxiliary Lane and Exit Ramp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SACRAMENTO and YOLO COUNTIES - Caltrans announced today that a project on northbound Interstate 5 to lengthen the auxiliary lane and exit ramp to the Sacramento International Airport will begin on Monday, April 18 and last approximately 30 days, weather permitting.
To accommodate construction, crews plan to close the northbound I-5 exit to the airport from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. on April 18, 19 and 20, requiring motorists to follow a six-mile detour during the overnight work. Motorists also can expect lane restrictions on NB I-5 approaching the airport.
The detour route:

  *   Continue northbound past the airport and over the Sacramento River and take Exit No. 531.
  *   Take Old River Road under the freeway to County Road 118, merging onto southbound I-5.
  *   Continue south on I-5 and take Exit No. 528 to the airport.
Caltrans urges motorists trying to make their flights to add 30-35 minutes additional travel time. Daytime work will continue behind k-rail, but additional delays are expected due to construction traffic travelling in and out of the work zone.
The $1.1 million I-5 project will lengthen the exit ramp and auxiliary lane about 1,800 feet to add capacity and help lessen traffic backing up onto the freeway. DeSilva Gates Construction in Sacramento has been hired for the work.
Weather or unexpected events may delay or prolong the work. Caltrans advises motorists to "Be Work Zone Alert." The department will issue construction updates on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3.<https://www.facebook.com/CaltransDistrict3> For real-time traffic, click on Caltrans QuickMap at: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/

[cid:image002.png at 01D191B4.D4FB39F0]

Yolobus Staff
For Yolobus Information call (530) 666-2877
For real time bus arrival information visit avl.yctd.org<../AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/3LAOPFRN/avl.yctd.org>
Visit the Yolobus website at www.yolobus.com<http://www.yolobus.com/>

Like us on Facebook<https://facebook.com/yolobus> and follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/YolobusYCTD>!