[1st-mile-nm] Santa Fe City Council Agenda - Feb. 10: TelecomOrdinances

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Tue Feb 9 18:45:02 PST 2010

As the party seeking the Franchise, let me add a few things for this list.

CityLink intends to:

* Build Fiber to the Home in Santa Fe.  100Mb/s symmetrical connections

* Build Fiber to the Business in Santa Fe (Especially Small Business)

* Allow third-parties to use our dark fiber, thus Open Access / Neutral

* Leverage the bandwidth potential to allow others to create exciting new
uses of IP data.  Be that Video, Audio, Data, or something completely new.

* Connect Schools, Libraries, and Community Centers at no cost, at time of
construction in their area.

* Connect Muni buildings at no cost, at time of construction.

The last two items fall into our Social Good / Sustainability Efforts.  We
believe that if you don't have the resources and infra-structure in place
for education, then you fail to have a sustainable community.

Our initial network will be an approximate 4 mile ring built around Paseo de
Peralta, with a number of sub rings built into and thru that circle.

As business develops we plan to build other rings and link them together.

We are NOT wireless.  There is nothing in our backbone that is based on
wireless technologies.

All of our fiber will be UNDERGROUND and not on poles.

If you believe the time is right for Santa Fe to have an Open Access /
Neutral fiber optic network, then we welcome your support on Wednesday
evening.

This isn't pie in the sky. We are doing this NOW in Albuquerque with
fantastic results for our users.

As always, I stand available to answer any questions people might have.

Respectfully,

John Brown, President
CityLink Fiber Holdings, Inc