[1st-mile-nm] Santa Fe Telecom Ordinance + CityLink Fiber

peter baston pete at ideapete.com
Tue Mar 9 13:29:31 PST 2010

Hi Dale

Perhaps i should have made one thing clear

We have been working with insurance companies for some time now, due to the
ever increasing lawsuits that are resulting across the country with regard
to telecommunications integration project failures and what we are trying to
do is come up with a set of quality assurance best practices that WORK.

Its not rocket science but what we have seen in the majority of project
disasters is a big rush to DO something and huge technology hype confusion
without s set of common sense guidelines.

Its been nearly 10 years since we had the leapfrog conference in Santa Fe
http://www.ideapete.com/leapfrog.html and we are further behind today than
we were then.

We all know the disastrous projects that consumed millions in Sandoval and
Rio Rancho and Albuqerque but sadly it looks like we have not learn anything
from them except chuck money out the window and hope for success.

What our clients, the insurance companies, are hoping to do is get some best
practice knowledge out there, so that these projects will for once work
without multiple entities suing one another ( as they are already
threatening to do before the project has even started )

( : ( : pete

--
Peter Baston
Mailto:pete at ideapete.com