[1st-mile-nm] Hearing in ABQ on the "Future of the Internet"

Ben Byrne ben at byrneweb.com
Tue Nov 2 18:43:33 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, November 16 at 6:30 pm, a trio of media activism organizations (in loose conjunction with the FCC) are hosting a public hearing on the "Future of the Internet" at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque. FCC Commissioner Michael Copps and other FCC staff will be in attendance.

While the hearing has been framed around letting members of the public sound off about issues like Net Neutrality, event organizers are also interested in making sure that the event is more than a consumer complaint-fest and pro-Net Neutrality rally. Perspectives of those on this list that are familiar with, and doing the work of, deploying and spreading Internet access would be particularly valuable. I encourage everyone here to consider attending.

If you're interested in reserving space to testify briefly (I think you'd get 90 seconds), please let me know and I'll see what I can do in terms of reserving you a spot.

Thanks,

Ben Byrne
ben at byrneweb.com

What's your fortune? Open your virtual fortune cookie at http://byrnecreative.com/fortune