[1st-mile-nm] Hearing in ABQ on the "Future of the Internet"

Quijada, Andrea andrea at medialiteracyproject.org
Fri Nov 5 08:51:23 PDT 2010

Thank you so much for sharing the information about the hearing! It is so great to see so much support in getting the information out to New Mexicans. We absolutely want to hear from real people with real stories that are not solely about access.

I would like to highlight that this hearing is the result of two years' worth of work including Hill visits, policy advocacy, and community research undergone by the Media Literacy Project with our partner organizations. In addition, we are specifically working with the FCC's new Office of Tribal Affairs and Policy and coordinated the hearing to take place during the National Congress of American Indians 67th annual conference.

We are very excited about this public hearing and would definitely like to see you at the National Hispanic Cultural Center on November 16th at 6:30pm.

Thank you so much,

Andrea Quijada
Executive Director
Media Literacy Project
6400 Wyoming Blvd. NE
Albuquerque NM 87109

andrea at medialiteracyproject.org
tel: 505-858-8850

www.medialiteracyproject.org

Cultivating critical thinking and activism in our media culture. Building a healthy world through media justice.