[1st-mile-nm] Feb. 28th - Think Ahead Colorado

Michael Price michaelprice at connectedwest.org
Mon Feb 18 09:03:00 PST 2013

I'd like to invite you to a panel discussion hosted by Coalition for a Connected West<http://www.connectedwest.org/> in partnership with Built In Denver<http://www.builtindenver.com/> at the Colorado State Capitol on February 28th to talk about the future of technology in Colorado.  We'll be covering broadband policy and how we can make Colorado a great place for tech businesses to grow and thrive.  We have an excellent panel consisting of national and local policy experts.

Click to RSVP<http://www.connectedwest.org/rsvp> (http://www.connectewest.org/rsvp)

Event Details

Title: Think Ahead Colorado - Our Connected Future
Location: Colorado State Capitol, Rm 356
Date/Time: Thursday, Feb. 28th, 7:30-9:00am
Breakfast will be served

Panel of Experts

Larry Irving, President & CEO, Irving Group<http://www.pbs.org/about/leadership/board/lary-irving/>
Larry Irving was one of the principal architects and advocates of President Clinton’s Telecommunications and Internet policies, which resulted in passage of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Irving also served as the Vice President for Global Government Affairs for the Hewlett-Packard Company.

Erik Mitisek, Chairman, Built In Denver<http://www.builtindenver.com/our-team>
Erik Mitisek is an entrepreneur and strong believer in the power of innovation. With a passion for building companies he is actively involved in the Denver startup community. He is also the Co-Founder of Next Great Place.

State Representative Angela Williams (D-7)<http://www.angela4colo.com/>
Rep. Williams has been serving Northeast Denver in the legislature since 2010. She is also the principal of the Angela Williams Insurance Agency and chairwoman of the Business, Labor, Economic and Workforce Committee.

State Senator Mark Scheffel (R-4)<http://markscheffel.us/>
Senator Scheffel, first elected in 2008, is the Assistant Senate Minority Leader, and is a practicing business and tax attorney for his firm, Reid and Scheffel. He serves on the Senate Education Committee and the Legislative Council.

I hope you can attend. Please feel free to share this with your friends and colleagues.

Click to RSVP<http://www.connectedwest.org/rsvp>

- Mike

Michael Price
Executive Director