[1st-mile-nm] 1st-mile-nm Digest, Vol 76, Issue 7

T.L.Thomas thomas at phys.unm.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:21:36 PST 2013

Regarding:

> 2013 Legislature: Capitol IT team tackles technical glitches
  .
  .
> [...] the ongoing goal for the
> website is to keep it simple and accessible, if not flashy.

> They made sure documents on the website were available in HTML and PDF
> format, to accommodate people who only had access to slow processing and
> low bandwidth for their computers.

They do a very nice job. I find those pages to be simple and clear...
and thereby
rapidly accessible.  (I hope that citizens with lower bandwidth than my 12 mbps
are also pretty satisfied.)

Always skimming, I did not see any mention of specifics re. upgrades to the
web pages to accommodate the newer services.  I only hope the IT
experts keep things clean and simple going forward...

"Flashy" for me signifies the triumph of style over substance.  Great (web)
design (as opposed to most web design) is the fine art of balancing well
those opposing forces.

Cheers,
-TLT