[1st-mile-nm] NM DoIT Broadband Program: Update

Gary Gomes ggomes at soundviewnet.com
Sun Apr 7 13:44:45 PDT 2013

Richard/Gar,

I am wondering where the data comes from and who benefits by the inclusion
or exclusion of coverage areas that are shown on the interactive map.

I own a home in the "Talavera" area of suburban Las Cruces.  It is a pretty
large geographical area (app 6 square miles) and it shows up as having Cable
internet coverage.  It does NOT.

Comcast is the local Cable provider and they do not serve that area - one
can confirm that by trying to order service to the house 5085 Copper Bar Rd
Las Cruces, NM 88011.

Obviously this makes me very suspicious of the entire endeavor.

Gary