[1st-mile-nm] Tewacom Closing

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Tue Aug 6 11:35:39 PDT 2013

I have received email (text below) from a friend in the San Ildefonso
area,
regarding the closing of Tewacom, the wireless provider in that region.

http://www.tewacom.com/

"And not that long after buying out ChimayoRed ...
I wonder how many people will be without and what their alternatives
are.
We don't have DSL nor Cable as an option at our location.
Even Cellular is not possible... Satellite is our only recourse and
that is very limited.
Do you know of other wireless folks who might be able to pick up the
area of operation?"

Tewacom is a past RUS funding recipient and is a noted partner in the
REDINet,
as previously reported on this list.
I repeatedly tried contacting Tewacom staff some time ago, without
reply.
If anyone on this list has any information, please post to the list.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Dir.
1st-Mile Institute, 505-603-5200