[1st-mile-nm] Tewacom Closing

David Breecker (dba) david at breeckerassociates.com
Tue Aug 6 13:44:05 PDT 2013

The founder of Chimayo Red, Charlie Frans (who bears NO responsibility for Tewacom's performance) is now in charge of wireless at Cybermesa.  I suggest anyone confronting this problem contact Cybermesa and let them know you need service.
db

On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Richard Lowenberg <rl at 1st-mile.com> wrote:

> I have received email (text below) from a friend in the San Ildefonso
> area,
> regarding the closing of Tewacom, the wireless provider in that region.
>
> http://www.tewacom.com/
>
> "And not that long after buying out ChimayoRed ...
> I wonder how many people will be without and what their alternatives
> are.
> We don't have DSL nor Cable as an option at our location.
> Even Cellular is not possible... Satellite is our only recourse and
> that is very limited.
> Do you know of other wireless folks who might be able to pick up the
> area of operation?"
>
> Tewacom is a past RUS funding recipient and is a noted partner in the
> REDINet,
> as previously reported on this list.
> I repeatedly tried contacting Tewacom staff some time ago, without
> reply.
> If anyone on this list has any information, please post to the list.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

dba | David Breecker Associates, Inc.
Santa Fe: 505-690-2335