[1st-mile-nm] CityLink upgrades network

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Thu May 22 12:58:53 PDT 2014

Just a quick note to NM.

We just completed our west coast network upgrade.

ABQ to LAX  (1 wilshire site)  (10 Gig Wave)
LAX to SJC   ( 55 S. Market)  ( 2x10Gig Wave)
SJC to ABQ  (10Gig Wave)

with over 600 direct peers via BGP, 5 transit providers, ABQ is now
pretty darn well connected :)

I also believe we are the only NM based ISP with such a high capacity network.

Some interesting usage stats.

Highest source of traffic is NetFlix at over 2Gbp/s at night time..

During the business hours / day time highest is a tie between
Microsoft Cloud and Amazon Cloud.  Direct peer relationships help make
connections here very close.

Next up will be our NYC and Ashburn (Equinix) sites, also fed via
dedicated 10Gig Waves to ABQ.  Planned June / July 2014.  Fall 2014
will be a 1 Gig wave to London.

All of our 10Gig links are private point to point optical waves.

Cheers