[1st-mile-nm] Akamai Report

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Fri Mar 25 12:01:19 PDT 2016

The latest quarterly Report on the Global State of the Internet was
recently published.

https://www.stateoftheinternet.com/downloads/pdfs/2015-q4-state-of-the-internet-report.pdf

This sentence is from that report:

Despite seeing 22% quarterly growth in its (U.S.) 10 Mbps broadband
adoption rate, Idaho remained in last place across the country with
a 34% adoption rate.   Iowa, New Mexico, and Arkansas shared the
next-lowest 10 Mbps broadband adoption rate in the country at 36%.

Of interest, Utah easily ranks among the ten top states in bandwidth and
adoption.

(As I've stated repeatedly since 2008, though not an easy task, NM's low
national ranking does not have to be the case, as there are low-cost
strategic actions that could move us up to within top 20 ranking within
a very few years, while also 'raising our many other boats': education,
healthcare, jobs, energy, etc.   The digital divide is firmly rooted
among leadership as much as among the rural, poor, elderly and
undereducated.)

RL

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200