[1st-mile-nm] Akamai Report

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Fri Mar 25 13:40:54 PDT 2016

I would agree with Richard on the point that there are a few things
that our state's leadership could do to make Broadband more accessible
and increase competitive choices / options.

One such change would be to reduce the significant burden that exists
for legitimate broadband providers to access aerial distribution
methods.
ergo Electric Utility Poles.  Both at the incumbent and at the rural level.

While there are federal rules in place, pole owners have not operated
in a fair or timely manner and the cost to "litigate to get your
right" is extremely expensive and takes money away that could be used
to actually provide services.

It's reported that some pole owners gag a broadband provider's right
to openly speak about the issues......   Leading to further barriers
of entry.