[1st-mile-nm] Mobile Broadband Service Is Not an Adequate Substitute for Wireline

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Wed Nov 1 11:26:23 PDT 2017

"Mobile Broadband Service Is Not an Adequate Substitute for Wireline"
A report prepared by the engineers and analysts of CTC Technology &
Energy.

http://www.ctcnet.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/CTC-Mobile-Broadband-White-Paper-final-20171004.pdf

I have not had time to look through the details of this report by CTC,
but agree with the basic premise, which is that we need improved
wireless
networking, but that more fiber is critically needed to support that
wireless infrastructure and the enhanced services being provided.

CTC has also provided contracted reporting for the State of NM's
Broadband
Initiatives.

The high costs for improving NM broadband infrastructure over the coming
years can be met and profited from by increased take-rates (customers),
resulting from improved services and quality-of-services, in addition to
rural demand aggregation and properly structured public-private
partnering.

Easier said than done.
R.

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director