[1st-mile-nm] NLR recollection

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu Feb 8 10:40:02 PST 2018

While there is much featured news about the purchase of the L.A. Times
and other publications by billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiung, I recalled
the demise of the
National LambdaRail (NLR) Network a few years back, and thought I'd
note:

 From Wikipedia:
>> In November 2011 the control of NLR was purchased from its university
>> membership by a billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong for $100M, who
>> indicated his intention to upgrade NLR infrastructure and repurpose
>> portions of it to support an ambitious healthcare project through
>> NantHealth. The upgrade never took place. NLR ceased operations in
>> March 2014.<<

RL

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200