[1st-mile-nm] NLR recollection

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Thu Feb 8 11:20:39 PST 2018

And how much did our State and UNM spend of tax payer money on this
'wonderful' NLR.
It was suppose to enhance NM connectivity to the world.
In the end it looks like it didn't come thru on that mission.
More wasted tax payer money on broadband projects that don't deliver.

It makes much more sense for our State to create some simple policies
that enable
competitive providers to actually compete.

One stop process for rights of way access.  Instead of over 200
different agreements.

One stop process for pole attachment, instead of seeing if PNM or
CenturyLink will or will not
drag their feet and let you on the poles.

Dig Once requirements for when a Muni does construction to allow
providers access to the
trench at the same time..  Huge savings there