[Davis Democrats] General election-Feb.14, 6pm-Blanchard Room, Yolo County Library in Davis: unable to attend in person

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Mon Feb 13 18:19:45 PST 2006

Dear Dems:

 Because of  family values in my own family, I cannot make the meeting on
Valentine's Day.

However, I am proud to be a Dem donkey, and honored to be nominated for VP.
I will be a happy VP warrior if elected.  Remember: we together did get more
than 77% of all voters in Davis to cast their vote for Kerry-Edwards, in
November 2004. By now, the "protection" offered by Cheney-Bush has become
transparently a con game to the rest of the country.

Since I am not computer-savvy, I will not accept the job of list-serve
moderator: please, someone,  let the club know of your willingness to serve
in this role.

This year, 2006, is a critical one for democrats to take back the country
and its media from the corporate monopolies and the neocons. The June and
November, 2006 elections are coming up soon.

We have a grass-roots Sacramento Valley condidate, Phil Angelides, running
for Governor. On Feb.14, at 9am, he will be filing his papers at 7000-65th
Street in Sacramento,off Florin Road,  to officially launch his campaign.

 Also,we have people challenging Republican incumbent Congressmen all around
us: against Doolittle(Roseville-Auburn-Oroville-Truckee-Tahoe City), against
Pombo(Lodi-Stockton-Livermore), and against Herger(Chico). We need to regain
the Congress in 2006, for many reasons, including to ensure the renewal of
the Voting Rights Act in 2007.

 Debra Bowen, a Dem state legislator, is taking on the Secretary of State,
to make sure that our voting results are not owned by private monopolies.

We need Dems from the Davis club to work actively and spread out on these
issues and campaigns. So, please come to the Feb.14 meeting if you can,
6-8pm, Blanchard Room of Library in Davis.

I am willing to serve on the membership committee, but I hope that others
will come forward at the meeting to work on the membership committee.
We need diverse participation, as well as checks and balances, so that no
Dem voter is left behind by our club and so we create new ideas.

If you have ideals and a sense of humor, I hope to keep working with you.
America is a dream worth fighting for. And Cheney-Bush has shown us why.
John c. chendo