[Davis Democrats] Tell Bruce McPherson that he's just plain wrong by Diebold

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Tue Feb 28 19:13:07 PST 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: Debra Bowen <info at debrabowen.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:01:08 GMT
To: john  chendo <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Tell Bruce McPherson that he's just plain wrong

   <http://www.debrabowen.com>

  Dear john , In just the past seven days, more than 2500 people have
emailed Secretary of State Bruce McPherson through my website, urging him to
reverse his decision to re-certify Diebold voting machines. The people of
California deserve a full and transparent process for managing elections, a
process that welcomes their participation and input -- not backroom deals
and secret studies that only see the light of day after final decisions have
already been made. Apparently, email messages from 2500 concerned citizens
aren't enough to make Secretary McPherson change his mind -- so we need to
make sure he hears from thousands more people, like you.  That's why I'm
asking you, urgently, to forward an email to the Secretary of State as well.
Urge Secretary of State McPherson to reverse his decision on Diebold --
email him today! <http://ga3.org/campaign/diebold/iweiwg62f5bbmwd?>
Secretary of State McPherson is just plain wrong.  Last Thursday, I sent
McPherson my own letter calling on him to reverse his decision.  By
re-certifying Diebold machines, the Secretary of State is violating state
law and breaking the commitment he made to us in December that he would wait
for federal testing to be completed before deciding whether to allow
Diebold's equipment to be used. As I told Secretary McPherson in my own
letter last Thursday, "While your decision may be good for Diebold and its
shareholders, it is not in the best interests of California's voters or our
democracy." Californians shouldn't be required to vote on machines that
McPherson's own internal review team found to be riddled with bugs and
susceptible to tampering. When the Secretary gets that kind of poor report,
and then turns around to re-certify Diebold machines for use in California
anyway, it only serves to undermine the already low level of confidence many
people have in the integrity of our elections. That's why I'm asking you to
speak out and tell Secretary McPherson how you feel about his terrible
decision. Urge the Secretary of State to reverse his decision to re-certify
the Diebold machines and schedule a public hearing to independently review
the information in his hand-crafted "independent study!"
<http://ga3.org/campaign/diebold/iweiwg62f5bbmwd?> Thanks so much for your
help on this critical issue. The integrity of California's state elections
system is at stake. Sincerely, Debra Bowen
California State Senator P.S.  Once you've forwarded your own email to
Secretary of State McPherson
<http://ga3.org/campaign/diebold/iweiwg62f5bbmwd?> , then I ask you to
please invite your friends and family to join us
<http://ga3.org/campaign/diebold/forward/iweiwg62f5bbmwd?> .  We need to
build a groundswell of public opposition to McPherson's foolish decision.
Visit DebraBowen.com <http://ga3.org/ct/d7MuLhn1eR5g/home>  | Contribute
Today! <https://secure.ga3.org/03/bowen/n0pMuLhn1vzrD?> Paid for by Debra
Bowen for Secretary of State
578 Washington Blvd. #409, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
(c) 2006 Debra Bowen for Secretary of State, ID #1271345

  Invite your friends and family to join Debra Bowen's campaign for
Secretary of State today!
  Tell-a-friend!
<http://ga3.org/join-forward.html?domain=debrabowen&r=0pMuLhn1vzrD>

  If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Debra
Bowen For Secretary of State
<http://ga3.org/debrabowen/join.html?r=0pMuLhn1vzrDE> .